Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Moonlight: Review and Swatches

LauraMercierMoonshine

Laura Mercier‘s Caviar Stick in Moonlight is another new shade for Summer 2014. It’s described as a metallic champagne beige. I notice a hint of grey-silver as well, at least on my skin.



LauraMercierMoonshineDetail

In the stick itself, the shadow appears to be quite a cool-toned taupe. In the closeup, you should be able to see multicolored shimmer particles.

LauraMercierMoonlightSwatch

On the skin, however, the shadow appears warmer and the champagne sparkle is more visible. As with Copper, the shadow applies smoothly and easily. This time I applied NARSSmudge Proof Eyeshadow Base beforehand to ensure that the shadow would last, and last it did. On my lids, Moonlight looks quite metallic, so I’d recommend this shadow for evening or a summer day off; I wouldn’t wear it to an office job or conservative work environment.
The most similar shadow I have to Moonlight is Marc Jacobs’ Au Revoir. Here is a comparison:

LauraMercierMoonlightComparisons
Left: Laura Mercier Moonlight; Marc Jacobs Au Revoir

Moonlight is lighter and more metallic that Au Revoir; Moonlight also applies significantly more smoothly. I prefer the color of Laura Mercier’s product, while Marc Jacobs has greater longevity. Both are lovely products, in any case, and if you have one, I would say you don’t need the other.
Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour ($28) is available from nordstrom.com.