Gemma Returns With Family Shoot

GEMMA WARD's return to modelling on the Prada catwalk may have been the big story of Milan Fashion Week, but the model actually completed her first job before she even left her native Australia. Ward stars in the new campaign for Aussie label Country Road, along with her baby daughter Naia - and the Vogue cover girl told us from the set that it was an emotional experience.
"Returning to modelling has been incredible," she said. "Moving really, as I felt this film encompassed my own journey in a beautiful way. To be back in Australia as a mother, celebrating summer with Country Road and re-united with my homeland and family. It is pure enjoyment reliving memories of the past and looking out to the future with my daughter Naia sharing in that world."


 
 
 
The film, narrated by Ward - who has plenty of acting experience, including parts in The Great Gatsby and Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides - shows a mother escaping to the beach to enjoy summer with her family. The thought seems not too far from home for Ward, who moved back to Australia in 2008 before welcoming Naia with partner David Letts in 2013."I loved the character I played in the film," she told us. "I could relate to the story line as I share similar experiences so it was amazing to revisit these. Sharing the location with my daughter was phenomenal, she loves the beach and so playing with her in the water is one thing I cherish. We really enjoyed watching schools of dolphins at play in the surf and relaxing in the sun."