It Girl: Fifty Shades of Grey's Dakota Johnson

The premiere of Fifty Shades of Grey is still more than six months away, but for Dakota Johnson, the 24-year-old actress who’s been anointed Anastasia Steele, the film is already last season’s news. Johnson, for starters, just wrapped the forthcoming Whitey Bulger biopic starring Benedict Cumberbatch, Sienna Miller, and Johnny Depp, whom she plays opposite. “One of the best experiences of my life so far” is how she describes the Massachusetts shoot, for which she donned “high-waisted, skintight bell-bottoms” and “really big hair,” her very own American Hustle moment.

It’s a far cry from the festival look Johnson recently chose for the Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic, where she matched Tabitha Simmons flats with a Chanel straw hat and a DVF dress she borrowed from Karen Elson. “I really liked the feel of what I was wearing that day,” Johnson says. “I want my outfit to match my mood.”

Johnson keeps her Rimowa suitcases well supplied with vintage finds like those she just picked up while on location in Boston. “I found a red Oscar de la Renta raincoat, and it’s the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen,” she says, elated. “It was storming this morning. I was thrilled.”